Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Recording the Memories

The most important thing I learned about traveling in foreign countries is that you must keep a journal. While traveling you will be rapidly hit with a culture shock. You will be observing new experiences and sights and sounds all at once. It is beyond necessary to take some time at night to reflect on your day and write it all down. What did you see? What did you do? What did you eat? Who did you meet? Many years from now you will want to look back into your journal and remember the names of the towns you visited and the people you met. So far in during my life time I have traveled to Costa Rica and India and I have big fat journals from each of my journeys. I would spend time each night nestled under the covers of my bed on the floor of my home-stay house, using my head-lamp for light in the dark, moist room, using my pen to swat the flies away as they buzzed in my ears, reflecting over my days events and writing it down in my journal. I never want to forget the time I spent traveling into other cultures. With the aid of my journals of my journals I will remember them until I'm old and grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment